Hanzo Archives is a cutting-edge web archiving company. Global corporations use our products and services to capture, archive, preserve, and make discoverable web-based electronically stored information (ESI) in native format. Their needs are primarily driven by eDiscovery, information governance and heritage requirements. Our operations are based in Europe and USA.
Hanzo has implemented the entire technology stack required to capture and archive the modern web, with a sophisticated crawler at its core, and a number of professional web applications for accessing and using the archived content and data.
This job is focussed on development of web applications, UI and workflow.
You can demonstrate a good understanding of event models & notifications, MVC, and JSON. You know how to construct user interfaces that are dynamic, useable, accessible and high-density, and responsive. You will understand browser capabilities on desktop and mobile devices. You must be a team player who ensures the backend does everything the UI needs, collaborating on the APIs and protocols to make this work reliably and at scale.
- Salary: Negotiable base salary plus participation in share options scheme
- Edinburgh (with scope to work from home)
To find out more or apply for this job, please email an intro plus your CV to Shuba Rao at email@example.com.
Detailed job description follows.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead the user interface development of our products
- Maintain and enhance existing software products
- Demonstrable strong user interface implementation skills
- Rigorously document your work
- Process requirements and feedback from customers and operations into software development to enhance our technology-base
- Solve problems, both individually and as part of a team
- Communicate systematically and at the right time
- Work proactively and seek problems in the software and systems and find solutions
Skills and Abilities Required for the Role
- Effective diagnosis of technical problems
- Work in a startup environment
- Commitment to ship product within tight deadlines
- Document software rigorously
- Work with and without supervision
- Be a team player
- Communicate and ask for advice when needed
- Actively seek problems and find solutions
Person Specification – Essential
- Able to write high quality code
- Able to build effective, high-density, and dynamic user interfaces and workflow, from the user perspective
- Able to understand and work with other people’s code
- Able to solve technical problems
- Expert in UI paradigms such as MVC, events, notifications, etc.
- Experienced in UI design for accessibility and usability
- Experienced in responsive design, browser differences, multiple platforms, including mobile
- Expert in Python
- Expert in HTTP and web
- Able to write clearly
- Responsible and self-motivated
- Eager to learn and solve problems
- Willing to firefight where necessary
- Prepared to travel occasionally
- Understanding of Regular Expressions
- Unix or Linux knowledge including knowledge of tools like Grep, Find and Awk
We asked our team what the best features of the job were and here are some of their responses:
- Incredible opportunity – early days in a growing start up with traction in the market place
- Good mix of operational, development and research work
- International travel opportunities for those who enjoy it
- Work-time flexibility