Contract or permanent
Hanzo is seeking a UK based talented lead developer to join our expanding company to work on Hanzo’s emerging products on a contactual or permanent basis. Our customers expect the highest quality of services and this role is a great opportunity for you to make a significant impact on the people who use our service and software.
Reporting to the Head of Development, you will be responsible for raising the user experience of our product to the highest calibre and will include working with product stakeholders to design the user interface to meet customer and operational needs, specification. You will be responsible for planning and writing relevant code and managing other developers.
We are looking for a developer with demonstrable experience in planning and delivering product, UX development, including oversight of a development team. Your understanding of the web and modern web development will have been gained through your extensive experience in the industry. You will have industry-based experience in current best practice development methodologies as well as the tools around them.
A strong communicator, a good team player with a sound understanding of the need for process in your work; you will be self-motivated, able to take the initiative and be proactive in seeking information and resolving issues.
Hanzo software is written in Python with the user interface application written in the Django framework and uses Postgres as the database engine. Experience in any of these is a big plus but we are willing to consider developers with strong development skills in other languages.
- Lead the Product development team
- Translate inputs from users and team members into product development
- Plan, develop and deliver the software for the product platform
- Work with the archive engine developers to ensure the product and the archive engine work well together giving the best possible user experience
- Work cooperatively with team and other members of Hanzo to deliver the product
- Demonstrate strong experience in planning and specification
- Demonstrate strong experience in modern web development
- Demonstrate experience in management of a team
- Experience of working in a small company
- Demonstrate a structured approach to your work
- Be a team player
- Actively seek problems and find solutions
- Be a strong communicator
- Experience and ability to work remotely
- Able to write high quality code
- Able to understand and work with other people’s code
- Able to solve technical problems
- Experienced in UI design for accessibility and usability
- Experienced in responsive design, browser differences, multiple platforms, including mobile
- Strong development track record
- Good understand of HTTP and the web in general
- Able to write clearly
- Responsible and self-motivated
- Eager to learn and solve problems
- Prepared to travel occasionally
Salary: Up to £55,000
Applications from agencies and recruiters will not be accepted.